The main purpose of the Std 11 course is to give the learners the knowledge and skills they need to effectively and confidently address the regulatory requirements for open-cut coal mining specified in Recognised Standard 11, Training in coal mines - Coal Mining Safety and Health Act, Queensland.
The program provides learners with skills and knowledge to undertake activities associated with open cut coal mining operations.
As a result of this program, students will gain skills and knowledge in the following 6 competencies:
- RIICOM201E Communicate safety matters in accordance with site procedures
- RIIRIS201E Conduct local risk control process by identifying, reporting and controlling hazards
- RIIERR205D Apply initial First Aid and
- RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIGOV201E Comply with site work processes/procedures