These units combine to provide the skills and knowledge required to access/enter the rail corridor and operate under track protection rules.
They include taking appropriate safety precautions to:
- Access the danger zone and the rail corridor
- Access and interpret information about track protection requirements,
- Apply relevant track protection rules and requirements to assigned track work activities across a variety of operational contexts within the Australian rail system
- Apply rail Infrastructure manager rules, procedures and protocols for rail safety
- Carry out assigned protection and/or work activities, and
- Respond appropriately to safety incidents and abnormal situations or emergencies
People achieving competence in these units will need to fulfil the applicable state/territory legislated rail safety requirements and to comply with relevant codes of practice, rules and/or guidelines.